Thursday 10 November 2011

Villain Concept

I decided it was time to draw out a concept for Aldo Batelli, the main villain. Although I don't plan to model him, I want to show his image in the trailer or something. Also, I want his gang members that you'll be seeing throughout the level to look very similar, appearance and attire.

Here's some sketchbook work:


Obviously, with a name like Batelli, I wanted him to appear Italian, so I thought of/looked up some Italian looking actors that I'd like him to resemble. Actors that came to mind included Andrew Rothenburg (The Walking Dead) and Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire).

I felt there were two different types of villain I wanted to choose from, which were the younger, more charismatic and cocky villain, or the older, more intimidating and authoritative villain .I decided to go with the older villain, but not too old. I found an actor named Robert Davi, who appeared in movies such as 'Die Hard' and '007: License to Kill'.

Much like the process for my main character concept, I created a FaceGen of Robert Davi, and altered it accordingly until I had a good reference for my character.



I've produced two concepts, one without hair, and one with hair. I'm leaning towards the one with hair at the moment. As well as the final images, I also recorded the process, and have made a 12 minute speed painting video.

Video: http://youtu.be/wxKyeiLoecw?hd=1

No comments:

Post a Comment