Thursday 20 October 2011

Main Character Concept


Above is the concept art for my main character, Shaun Carter.

Process:


I began by choosing an actor that I'd like my character to look similar to. I chose the actor Chris Hemsworth from the movie 'Thor'.

I used a picture of Hemsworth to create a FaceGen model, which I could then alter further until he looked like I wanted.

I then altered the face in FaceGen Modeller so it looked like the guy was angry.

I then placed an image of the model in Photoshop, along with a suitable pose that I found on the internet.

On a separate layer I marked out where the eyes, nose, ears and mouth were, and began drawing and shading, using the image of the FaceGen model as a reference.



Everything in the picture was drawn in Photoshop using a Wacom pen tablet.

Further concepts to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment